- For Candidates with Special Requirements
In order to ensure that the language ability of all candidates is assessed fairly and objectively, IELTS provides a comprehensive service for candidates who have special requirements. For example:
- Visual difficulties;
- Hearing difficulties;
- Speaking difficulties;
- Specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia;
- Permanent writing difficulties;
- Medical condition such as diabetes.
All special candidates need to provide at least 6 weeks prior notice (for any special need requirements)
- a medical report / diagnostic report;
- a written request;
- two choices of dates (in case the special need requirement needs a longer period).
The following can be provided for special needs candidates (please contact us to check availability at our centre):
- Enlarged print for poor eyesight;
- Extra time for dyslexic candidate;
- Braille papers;
- Lip reading versions of listening paper;
- The use of amanuensis (someone writes your answers for you as you dictate them).
If you require a modified version of the test, for example in Braille, you must give the test centre three months’ notice. This notice period is necessary for the modified test version to be prepared. If your circumstances require only special administrative arrangements to be made, such as extra time, you must give the test centre six weeks’ notice. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.