Test day procedures:
- Confirmation of your test date will be given to you when you submit your application form and your test date will be printed on your receipt.
- Check the test centre location.
- Arrive at the location by 8.00 am. Candidate registration on the test day closes at 8.45 am. Latecomers will not be admitted into the test room after this time.
- Bring the passport indicated on your application form to the test. This is the only form of identity that will be accepted on the test day and it must be valid (not expired) on the test day. If you do not have your valid passport, you cannot sit for the test. If you have a new passport since registering for an IELTS test, you must present your new passport (national ID) at our offices at least 3 days before the test date to ensure we have your new details on the test day.
- You must not bring into the test room mobile phones and pagers, electronic equipment, pens, correction fluid, highlighters or anything else that the supervisor of the test asks you to leave outside the exam room. There will be a designated room in which you may leave your personal belongings. Please ensure you have an easily identifiable bag to place them in
- If you are caught infringing any of the candidate rules and regulations your test result will be disqualified. This includes but is not limited to lending or borrowing anything from another candidate during the test, attempting to cheat or copy the work of another candidate, talking or disturbing other candidates, removing any materials used during the examination.
- Test results will be available 13 days after the completion of your test.
- Test results can be collected in person only from GRBS®. You must show your original passport (national ID) and sign for your results. You may check your IELTS results online.
- Test results not collected in person will be posted to the address provided on your application within three weeks of the test date.
For more information refer to the IELTS Information for Candidates booklet.